Library and Information Services During COVID-19
Dear Bilkent University Members,
Due to the COVID-19 normalization process decisions, the opening hours of the Bilkent University Library will be changed. East Campus Library will be closed from 18 January 2021. Main Campus Library will remain open only to the Bilkent University members between 08:30-17:00 on weekdays.
Many physical facilities and collections such as A-Z collections, study rooms, periodicals room, special collections, Multimedia room, Art Gallery, photocopy center, etc. have been opened again. Moreover, we would like to remind you that all electronic resources that our Library provides, can be accessed from the “Quick Search” tab or the related links under the “Finding Resources” tab and also that VPN setting is required for off-campus access.
In order to support your teaching and research activities during these difficult times, apart from printed collections, we try to provide all of our information services electronically as much as possible. In this context, we can frame the services changed as follows:
- We have created the “COVID-19” modüle, to use our library and information services more effectively and to provide various information about the process. In “COVID-19”, there is a variety of information, from databases made available to Bilkenters to various art, music and education databases related to online socialization.
- In addition to “Ask a Librarian” and e-mail options for our reference services, we have added the “Ask Us” button, an online and instant interview service.
- Within the scope of our circulation services, due dates for all currently borrowed materials have been extended until 30 June 2020, the online renewal right has been increased to four (4), and the “book sterilization” process has been initiated for all books borrowed and returned back.
- The ILL service for printed books has been temporarily suspended, however, electronic book chapters and article requests continue electronically via the “ILL Request Form” or via e-mail.
- Catalog records of printed textbooks in the reserve collection have been updated, and access addresses have been added for the books that are available in electronic version.
- Our material request service continues as usual via the “Material Request Form”. We will continue to provide the most functional (printed or electronic) copy of the material as long as conditions allow.
- Our faculty librarianship department will continue to provide library support for your academic studies via e-mail and offer remote training, webinars etc. about our library resources and databases, through Zoom.
- You can fill the “Library Orientation Request Form” for any remote training, webinar, virtual library tour request through Zoom.
- COVID-19 updates and all our announcements will simultaneously be shared from our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Please feel free to contact us for any questions, opinions, and/or suggestions regarding our library and information services by writing an e-mail to our relevant departments (Circulation, ILL, Reserve, Reference & Introductory, and Faculty Librarianship).
Looking forward to seeing you again face to face in healthy days,
Directorate of Bilkent University Library